Friday, October 29, 2010

Alexander the Great

 What was your childhood like?
I was born in Macedonia to to Philip II.  Luckily, I had the great Aristotle as my teacher. 

So how did you take over?
My father was assassinated in 336 B.C., so I took over as king.

What did you do to the places you conquered, Alexander?  
 I instituted Hellenism.  Under this, we took the good things about societies we defeated and spread our culture into their cities. There would always be a grid plan that included an Agora  and a Theatre in every city.

Can you give details on your successful campaign?
I defeated Persia at Arbela on 331 B.C..  I also waged war on Tyre.  After my victory, I went to Egypt and they declared me Pharaoh.  

Do you think that you deserve to be remembered?
I do.  My tactical genius and conquest is possibly the greatest one in history. 
"Alexander the Great." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras. ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 11 Nov. 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment