Friday, October 29, 2010

Battle of Tours

Charles, when was the Battle of Tours?
It was on October 25, 732 A.D..  The Muslims would have waited longer, but the winter cold was beginning to come in.

What caused the battle?
The Muslims wanted to spread their religion. 

How exactly did you prepare for it?
There were a lot of citizens that worked as soldiers during the slow farming times.  I gathered as many citizens as I could to fight.  I also requested money from the Church to finance my army.  After much hesitance, the Church accepted.

Can you give me a quick summery of what happened?
Certainly.  Our armies stood deadlocked for six days, on the seventh, the Muslims launched their attack.  During the fighting, my troops flanked the Muslim camp and ravaged it.  Some Muslims fell back to protect their camp, and that led to confusion.  We destroyed them thanks to me, Charles the Hammer Martel.

Do you think you are somebody to be remembered?
Yes, for I changed the world.  Without me, the West and Europe would be Muslin.  That's a pretty big change.

"Battle of Tours." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras. ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 11 Nov. 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment