Friday, October 29, 2010

Constantine the Great

Constantine, how long did your Empire last?
The Byzantine Empire lasted from 33 A.D. to 1453 A.D.


What was the capital?
Funny you should ask, for it is named after me. Constantinople was created in 330 A.D. by yours truly.  I won the Battle of Milvian Bridge because of God, so I established free religion.  I also had the wall around the city built.  Constantinople was secured and had lots of trade.  The walls managed to keep out the Huns.

What did you trade for?
From South East Asia, we traded for spices.  We also traded for gems, wheat, and silk from India, Egypt, and China.

Do you think you were important in history?
Yes, I was extremely significant to the world.  My empire lasted an incredibly long time, and I spread Christianity to the people.  My building of the Hagia Sophia in 532 A.D. created a major landmark for religion.




"Constantine the Great." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras. ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 10 Nov. 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment